¾ cup raw sugar
½ cup vegan margarine
½ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup vegan white choc chips
¾ cup macadamia nuts, slightly chopped (roughly into quarters)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Beat the sugar into the margarine. Stir in the oil, water and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the wet mixture and mix well. Mix in the choc chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop tablespoon amounts onto a tray lined with baking paper and press into rough circles.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Plus the mixture doubles really easily if you want to do a big batch.
By Elizabeth Usher inspired by the ‘classic chocolate chip cookies’ recipe on p137 of How it all Vegan! By Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer.