1 leek, sliced thinly
200mL rice or soy cream (eg. Isola Bio Rice Cream or Soia & Soia Soy Cream)
250g button mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 bunch of oregano, remove leaves, wash and chop (save a few whole leaves for garnish)
olive oil or spray
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
1 cup arborio rice
3 cup vegetable broth
¾ cup peas
- Heat cream in a saucepan, add leeks and simmer for 15 minutes. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay out mushroom slices, sprinkle with oregano, salt and spray or drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add rice, cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 cup of stock at a time and let simmer until the stock is absorbed, stirring frequently.
Recipe by Mandee